The Lorax Project 2021
2021 marks the 50th anniversary of Dr. Seuss’s iconic classic of environmentalism: The Lorax, originally published in 1971. The Lorax teaches readers that taking care of the environment is a responsibility we all share because “unless we care a whole awful lot, it’s not going to get better, it’s not.” And, as new generations begin to learn more and more about environmental protection, this message becomes even more relevant today.
Sharing The Lorax is an excellent way to begin the conversation about protecting and caring for the environment in which we live, because big or small, anyone can help to make a difference.
“I Speak for the Trees” Grant Program
In celebration of the forthcoming publication 101 Ways to Help the Earth with Dr. Seuss’s Lorax (On Sale 9/21/2021), Dr. Seuss Enterprises and Random House Children’s Books will fund 101 projects with $150 dollars to be used towards environmental work and activism within the winner’s communities.
Learn more about the grant and how to enter!
- Grant program is open to all ages and will be judged on a project basis (i.e. projects can be submitted by individuals or a group)
- You must be 13 or older to submit a project. If you are under 13, please ask a parent or guardian for help submitting a project or it will not be accepted.
- Projects can either be currently in progress or brand new.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Incorporates a connection to The Lorax
Apply for the grant today!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between March 29, 2021 and April 30, 2021. Open to US residents, 13 and older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. See Official Rules for full details.